Lifeguards will enforce standard Red Cross Rules at all times. The lifeguards have complete authority to take necessary steps to enforce the rules.
Pool Telephone: 770-509-9851
Lifeguard Scheduled Hours: Weekends and major holidays from 1:00 PM until 7:00 PM
Extended Hours (swim-at-own-risk): 6:00 AM until 11:00 PM
Each HOA member household is responsible for observing and complying with these rules. All Guests are the responsibility of the host HOA member.
During the days when the pool is open, a lifeguard will be on duty during scheduled hours. All members (in good standing) of the Lost Forrest Homeowners’ Association may use the pool during these times. The pool may also be used according to the rules listed below during extended hours. Use of the pool outside of the extended hours is not permitted. Use of the pool anytime a lifeguard is not on duty falls under the swim-at-your-own-risk policy.
- Members of Lost Forrest over the age of 18 may use the pool during Extended Hours when a lifeguard is not present under a swim-at-your-own-risk policy. When a lifeguard is not present, anyone under the age of 18 may swim only when accompanied by a member of Lost Forrest who is over the age of 18. This also falls under the swim-at-your-own-risk policy.
- When a lifeguard is present, children under 10 years of age during the calendar year may not enter the pool area unless accompanied by a parent or guardian who is, or will be, 16 years old by the end of the calendar year.
- When a lifeguard is present, children who are 10 through 14 years old by the end of the calendar year will be allowed to come to the pool without an adult or guardian, provided that he or she successfully passes a swimming test* administered by the lifeguard.
- NO RUNNING ON THE POOL DECK WILL BE PERMITTED.
- NO GLASS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN THE POOL AREA.
- Children who are not fully toilet-trained must wear a water resistant swim diaper AND a snug-fitting bathing suit. Age applicability is at parent discretion. Lifeguards will suggest the use of swim diapers for all children under the age of 4.
- Following CDC guidelines, children or anyone suspected of having diarrhea presently or within the past 24 hours is NOT allowed in the pool.
- Children under the age of 5 MUST BE accompanied to the pool restroom by a parent or guardian.
- All swimmers must wear proper swimming apparel, no street clothes.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in the pool area, which includes the pavilion and the clubhouse terrace.
- Anyone who becomes disorderly will be ejected from the pool area.
- No diving or acrobatics will be allowed from the side of the pool.
- Residents must dispose of all trash prior to leaving the pool area. A trash can is provided in the area between the restrooms. Please place larger items such as pizza boxes in the large cans between the clubhouse and pool house.
- The stereo system is for the enjoyment of all residents and guests. The lifeguard retains control over the station and volume of the system in order to maintain a safe swimming environment. No music with profanity or explicit lyrics shall be allowed at any time.
- Pets, skateboards, bicycles, roller skates, etc., are never permitted in the pool area.
- The maximum number of bathers in the pool at any one time (Bather Load) is 330.
- In order to obtain entry into the pool area, residents must utilize their pool access card. Residents are bound by the agreement signed when they received their pool access cards.
- Unless approved and initiated by the lifeguard due to a safety issue or a malfunction of the card access system, the main pool gate must NOT be propped open at any time.
- Persons within the pool area shall not open the gate for residents and guests who do not have a pool card, unless they are identified as having proper access to the pool area.
- While the LFHOA has overall control of the pool operation, the lifeguard on duty has the responsibility for ensuring a safe swimming environment. The lifeguard retains the right to eject any resident or guest from the pool area when any of the above rules are violated.
*Lifeguards will use the following guidelines for the swimming test: Swimmers must tread water for one (1) minute and must swim two (2) lengths of the pool without stopping, using a Red Cross stroke.
- The LFHOA member accepts full responsibility for all guests and ensuring they comply with the rules.
- The LFHOA member must accompany their guests while at the pool.
- All LFHOA members will limit the number of their guests to no more than five (5) per household at a time.
- Local guests may not frequent the pool more than two (2) times per month.
Any contamination incident (e.g. glass, fecal, vomit) or health code violation resulting from member negligence or failure to follow the rules will result in a minimum $250 fine per occurrence AND the suspension of the member household’s privileges to HOA amenities.
Failure to adhere to all LFHOA Pool Rules may result in fines and/or suspension of the member household’s privileges. The total fine and duration of suspension will be determined by the LFHOA Board of Directors.
The above rules have been adopted by the Board of Directors of LFHOA with consideration for personal safety, insurance requirements, and the mutual enjoyment of all members.
It is the responsibility of the lifeguards and the LFHOA Board of Directors to ensure compliance with these rules at all times.